Abstract Submissions have now closed
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Presenters will be notified of acceptance or otherwise via email in early June 2016.
We will carefully select submitted abstracts that will complement sessions we are targeting; to form a balanced program that we hope will inspire and interest all.
Please click here for submission guidelines.
ABSTRACT SELECTION CRITERIA
We will be looking for submissions that:
- Are relevant to the ALL IN_theme of the conference
- Are relevant to current issues/challenges
- Are providing clear take-home strategies
- Are voicing the lived experience of the autism spectrum
- Have fresh/new content
- Are relevant to all participating delegates attending VAC2016
We are particularly interested in sessions with a clear take-home benefit for all delegates.
The main topic areas in the program:
- Understanding autism (sensory issues; social challenges and communication)
- Therapies and best practice
- NDIS and autism
- Education and inclusion
- Transitions to employment and volunteering
- Women and girls on the autism spectrum
- The internet and autism (gaming, social media, cyber safety)
- Contemporary support for those with high support needs
- Relationships and sexuality
- Legal rights and self-advocacy
- Mental Health and anxiety
Presenters are required to register for the conference by 20 June 2016. Specific registration information will be sent to presenters. If you don’t register by the due date your presentation may be withdrawn from the program.
30 May 2016 Abstract submission closed
Early June 2016 Authors notified of initial acceptance or otherwise